Calendar of Events
The following is a listing of various upcoming events that may be of interest to members of The Museum of the
American Cocktail. Some of these events are being held by the Museum itself, while others may be held by other
organizations or establishments.
Full details regarding the seminars being provided by The Museum of the American Cocktail can be found here.But here is a quick list of those seminars. Clicking on one of the seminar titles will take you to the details about that seminar on our seminar page.
- Wednesday December 11 2013 (6:30-8:00 pm)
- Sixth Annual Holiday Cocktail Seminar
- Presented by Some of D.C.'s finest craft bartenders!
- In: Washington, DC
The Museum of the American Cocktail supports responsible drinking. Make appropriate plans if you are attending a seminar. Do not drink and drive.
Special Events Listing:
Here are some other events we think you might be interested in. Some of them are associated with the Museum of the American Cocktail,
while others are being provided by other organizations.
- SHAKEN?NOT STIRRED: THE HISTORY OF THE MARTINI
- Wed., April 11, 2007 6:30 pm
- Spy Museum, Wash D.C.
- Celebrate 2007 with a cool, crisp twist & a swizzle stick! Come hear Dale DeGroff, author of The Craft of the Cocktail discuss the history of this famous libation. Enjoy martinis and caviar from Zola's drink ?mixology? team, and tales from the golden age of the cocktail during this highly entertaining expose of martini myths and lore. (Discounted for MOTAC and The Spy Ring® members.
- MEALS FOR THE MASTERS
- April 22, 2007
- Wilmington, DE
- MOTAC participation in annual Save Our Strength fundraiser
- SANTE SYMPOSIUM
- April 29th-May 2nd, 2007
- Spend three days learning and meeting with industry experts and peers at Sante Magazine's Restaurant Symposium.
- Seminars and panels offered by leading industry professionals, including a MOTAC Presentation with founding president of the Museum of the American Cocktail
- Dale DeGroff who will demonstrate 19th century classics.
- World Cocktail Day
- Sunday, May 13th... and throughout the rest of the week
- This year's World Cocktail Day celebration is open to any bar, restaurant, or establishment that is a current "Industry" member of The Museum of the American Cocktail, and wishes to show their interest in promoting the appreciation and history of the cocktail. Following the world-wide celebration, we will gather the details and anecdotes of the participating establishments and present them on our website.
- If your establishment would like to participate, please fill out the participation form, and email to
wcd@MuseumOfTheAmericanCocktail.org before April 22nd.If you are not currently an Industry Member, you can find details on how to join at:
- The Museum of the American Cocktail has many fine sponsors who proudly support our efforts to promote education in mixology and build our permanent exhibit in New Orleans in 2008. In your events planning and execution, as well as in the "Official Cocktail" we would appreciate your including our sponsor brands as a way of thanking them for their important support:
- BarSol Pisco, Belvedere Vodka, BOLS, Cointreau Liqueur, Contemporary Cocktails, Commander's Palace, Finlandia Vodka, Gran Centenario Tequila, Hendricks Gin, Knob Creek, Laphroaig, Makers Mark, Partida Tequila, Pernod Ricard, Plymouth Gin, Perfect Puree of Napa Valley, Skyy Vodka
- For more information and details about our "World Cocktail Day" celebrations, please go to: http://www.MuseumOfTheAmericanCocktail.org/WCD/
- World Cocktail Dinner
- to benefit The Museum of the American Cocktail.
- Monday, May 14th - 6:30pm
- Devin Tavern
- 363 Greenwhich St.
New York, NY
- $250 per person
- (212) 334-7337 for reservations
- This exciting event will feature several of the premier mixologists in the world who will present extraordinary cocktails matched to Executive Chef Derrick Styczek?s creations.
- Half of the price of each ticket is tax deductible and will go towards building a permanent home place for the Museum of the American Cocktail at the Contemporary Arts Center in New Orleans.
- Tickets cost $250. Reserve early; seats are limited: 212.334.7337
- The Spirits Series
- New York University
- Spring 2007
- Tastings and discussions led by instructors Anistatia Miller and Jared Brown.
- From whiskey to cachaca, spirits have had a profound effect on the world's history, politics, trade, and culture. This five-session course explores the significance of our favorite spirits and cocktails.
- Info and register:
- MOTAC members who attend receive a free pocket recipe guide.
- Students can take all five sessions for $375 or the individual sessions listed below for $75 each.
- Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch, and Canadian Whiskey: The Spirits That Changed America (May 7)
- Gin: The Spirit That Sailed the Seven Seas (May 14)
- Rum: The Spirit of Capitalism (May 21)
- Vodka: The Revolutionary Spirit (June 4)
- Tequila, Pisco, Mezcal, and Cachaca: The Spirits of Latin America (June 11)
- NEW YORK BAR SHOW
- June 11, 2007
- New York, NY
- Presentations with Dale DeGroff, Gary Regan, Tony Abou-Ganim, including a MOTAC Presentation with Cocktail historian David Wondrich who will present: Putting History to Work: How to Create a Classic Cocktail List. Classic cocktails are white hot these days. Join mixologist and cocktail historian David Wondrich as he explores some of the ways to make them work in your bar.
- Tales Of The Cocktail: COCKTAIL COMPETITION
- June 18-22, 2007
- New Orleans, LA
- Tales of the Cocktail, a culinary and cocktail festival, celebrates the fifth annual event on July 18-22 2007. The event features a Cocktail Competition to determine the ?official cocktail? of the event. Bartenders, local and nation-wide, are invited to submit a recipe by March 23. Recipes must be submitted by Friday, March 23, at 5 p.m. and the official cocktail will be announced in early April. Winners receive cash prizes and a feature in Culinary Concierge Magazine. For more information about the competition, please contact Ann Rogers at 504-343-4285 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. Download entry form at