Dale DeGroff and
The Museum of the American Cocktail Present:
ST. PADDY'S EYE OPENER!
Learn the secret of the perfect Irish coffee and more!
- CORPSE REVIVER
- One of many variations
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- 1 oz. Boodles Gin
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 1/2 oz. Blonde Lillet
- 3/4 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dash of Absente
- FRENCH 75
Shake with ice the Brandy, lemon juice and simple syrup. Strain into a large goblet glass and top with Champagne. Garnish with lemon and other fresh fruits. Finish with a sprig of mint for color.
- 1 oz. Martell VS Cognac
- 3/4 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sparkling Wine
- PERNOD FRENCH KISS
Mix Pernod and orange juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour over ice in a tall glass. Add grenadine and allow to settle to bottom. Garnish with slice of star fruit.
- 1 part Pernod
- 4 parts orange juice
- 1 dash grenadine
- Dash Cassis
- RAMOS GIN FIZZ
Shake all ingredients with ice except the soda and strain into a highball glass without ice. Top with club soda. No garnish..
- 1 1/2 oz. Boodles Gin
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
- 2 oz. milk (half & half or cream if preferred)
- 1 small egg white
- 2 drops of Orange Flower Water
- IRISH COFFEE
Combine Whiskey, coffee and syrup in an Irish coffee glass. Ladle one inch of cream on top. Variation: Nawlins Irish Coffee - Prepare with Southern Comfort and Sazerac Rye Whiskey
- 1 1/2 oz. Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- 1 oz. Brown Sugar Syrup
- Lightly Whipped Unsweetened Cream
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice. Wait until glasses are chilled. Empty one chilled glass and put a teaspoon of sugar and two dashes of Peychaud's bitters in the bottom, with a tiny splash of water (or use a dash of simple syrup). Crush the saturated sugar cube using a muddler or the back of a spoon. Add two shots of Sazerac Rye Whiskey and stir.
- Empty ice from the second glass into the glass containing rye, sugar, and bitters, allowing it to chill. Add dash of Herbsaint to the second glass, and roll glass horizontally to coat the inside of the glass with the Herbsaint. For added drama, twirl it into the air, allowing the centrifugal force to spin the Herbsaint around the insides of the glass, calling out "Sazerac!". Discard the excess. Pour contents of the first glass into the second glass and garnish with a lemon peel, making sure to first extract the lemon essence from the peel. Enjoy.
- ANEJO COCKTAIL*
- *Original drink by Dale DeGroff
Assemble all the ingredients except the garnish in a mixing glass with ice and shake very well. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with fresh ginger and lime peel.
- One and one half ounces Bacardi 8 Year Old
- Half ounce Southern Comfort
- One ounce Monin Ginger syrup
- One quarter ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
SUPPORT THE MUSEUM BY BECOMING A MEMBER TODAY!
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Ritz-Carlton New Orleans, N.O. Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans Marriott Hotel, Omni Royal Orleans Hotel, Café Adelaide, Pernod Ricard USA, Pernod Anise, Plymouth Gin, Bacardi Superior, Belvedere Vodka, Knappogue, Celtic Crossing, The Sazerac Company, Southern Comfort, Grand Centenario, Skyy Vodka, Cointreau® Liqueur, and Finlandia Vodka.